Program Assistant – Mental Health and Wellness
LOCATION: Moose Factory
POSTED: Wednesday January 24, 2024
CLOSING DATE: Monday February 05, 2024
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Program Assistant shall be responsible for administrative, reception and clerical support services to the Mental Health and Wellness program of Mushkegowuk Council. This role will also act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public. The Program Assistant must have the ability to adapt to new technology and ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- A combination of education and experience in Medical Secretary/Office Administration.
- Experience in effectively creating and working with client databases. Proficient in the use of software applications and other communication related technology.
- Understanding of applicable legislation-PHIPA
- Proven organizational and information management skills.
- Ability to understand reports, and other documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and computer skills.
- The ability to speak Omushkegomowin (Cree) would be considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of the Culture of the relevant First Nations of the Mushkegowuk Territory
- ·Maintain a positive image within the communities and adhere to the values of the traditional healing program.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with a diversity of people including First Nations as well as government representatives.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Stress and time management skills.
- A working knowledge of PS Suites would be considered a strong asset.`
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2024-006 no later than 4:00 PM on Monday February 05, 2024 to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.