Application Call for Omushkego Womens Council
In response to numerous requests we are pleased extend this application call for participants to sit on our newly established Women’s Council.
The Women’s Council will serve as the voice of Omushkego Women in matters pertaining to the operation, services, and direction of Mushkegowuk Council. We are honoured to provide this platform that will serve as a source of traditionally enriched and powerful guidance.
We are seeking one representative from each Mushkegowuk community who are:
- from an Omushkego Community (including Peawanuck)
- 18 years of age or older
- willing to attend meetings via Zoom and in person (travel requirements)
- committed to attending meetings
To apply please submit a letter of interest that outlines the following:
- Your home community
- The role of women in Indigenous Leadership
- The importance of women within the community
- Why you would like to participate within this Council.
Submissions Accepted until February 3rd 2023
Questions and your complete letter of interest can be emailed to the application main contacts:
Acting Director Nation Rebuilding Initiativenatashamartin@mushkegowuk.ca
UNDRIP Coordinator Nation Rebuilding Initiativecharlottenakoochee@mushkegowuk.ca