Administrative Assistant-Main Reception
LOCATION: Moose Factory
POSTED: Wednesday January 24, 2024
CLOSING DATE: Monday February 05, 2024
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the administrative assistant shall be responsible for administrative, reception, and clerical support services to the CEO and as required by senior management of the Council. This role will also act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to adapt to new technology and ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- High school diploma or Office Administration diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Two (2) years of experience in an administrative role or willingness to learn
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment;
- Ability to adapt to new technology;
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Stress and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software programs
- Knowledge of the Culture relevant to First Nations of the Mushkegowuk Territory;
- Must have a valid Ontario class G or G2 driver’s license;
- Ability to speak Cree an asset
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2024-005 no later than 4:00 PM on Monday February 05, 2024 to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.