Jordans Principle Coordinator
LOCATION: Moose Factory
TERM: Full Time -1 Year Fixed Term Contract
POSTED: Wednesday January 24, 2024
CLOSING DATE: Monday February 05, 2024
Under the supervision of the Family Services Manager, Jordan's Principle aims to ensure all First Nations children have access to public services ordinarily available to other Canadian children while not experiencing any service denials, delays or disruptions related to their First Nation status. All First Nations children whether on or off reserve, from 0-19 years old, regardless of their health or social status, may be eligible for Jordan’s Principle funding if they have an identified need for a publicly funded health or social service.
- A Degree, Diploma or Certificate specific to Indigenous studies in, but not limited to: Aboriginal Community Worker, Social Services, Child and Family Wellness, Early Childhood Education, Children with Special Needs
- Minimum three (3) years related experience.
- Knowledge of community resources throughout the Mushkegowuk Council Territory and urban based settings.
- Direct work experience with Indigenous people and communities and a demonstrated understanding regarding related issues and challenges.
- Sensitive to the culture and history of First Nations people.
- Ability to travel regulatory to Mushkegowuk Council First Nations communities.
- Must have Valid Ontario’s Class G Driver’s Licence
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Mushkegowuk Council offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matched Pension Contributions
- Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the Council will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, quoting Competition# 2024-003 no later than 4:00 PM on Monday February 05, 2024 to:
- Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-2293
- Mushkegowuk Council is dedicated to providing quality equitable and accessible support and advisory services to respond to and meet the social, economic, cultural, educational, spiritual, and political needs of first nations, thereby improving the quality of life of our people.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable legislation.